The Washtenaw County Road Commission (WCRC) will be paving Textile Road from Hines Drive to Michigan Avenue (U.S. 12).
The community is invited to a construction information meeting on Thursday, February 8 at 6:30 p.m. at the Pittsfield Township Hall, 6201 W. Michigan Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48108. WCRC staff will be in attendance to share construction details.
During this project WCRC and its contractors will also:
- In partnership with Pittsfield Township, build the Platt-Textile Greenway, a 1.3 mile non-motorized pathway, which will connect Marsh View Meadows Park to the existing non-motorized pathway running north-south along Platt Road.
- Replace culverts at the Koch-Warner and Pittsfield No. 5 Drains.
- Install new traffic signals at the intersections of Textile Road/Michigan Avenue and Textile/Platt Roads.
- Construct center left-turn lanes at the intersection of Platt/Textile Roads.
- Resurface pavement from State Road to the end of existing pavement.
- Install new railroad crossing guards with warning lights at the train tracks.
- Pave the Old Hickory Trail Parking lot.
Tree removal will likely occur in February and March. All other work will begin on or after June 18, 2018. Our goal is to complete the project in Mid-November, weather pending.
Detours and Access:
- When reconstruction works begins in June of 2018, Textile Road from Hines Drive to Michigan Avenue will only be open to property owners and tenants.
- Marsh View Meadow Park will remain open with access from Marton Road.
- Non-residents will be required to follow posted detour routes while work is occurring.
- In addition, sometime between June and October, the intersection of Platt Road and Textile Road will be closed to all traffic for a period of time up to four weeks. WCRC will issue a media advisory the week before this closure.
- WCRC will coordinate mail delivery and garbage collection during the life of the project.
For more information: