In an effort to practice social distancing and in accordance with Governor Whitmer’s latest executive order, the Washtenaw County Road Commissioner will hold virtual public meetings, including board meetings through at least July.
Join the Meeting
Meetings will be available for the public to join approximately 10 minutes before the scheduled start of the meeting. After clicking the link, you will be prompted to download the Zoom software. If you do not want to download the software, you can click the link at the bottom of the message to start the meeting from your browser.
If you want to join the meeting from your smart phone, click on the link and you will be prompted to download the Zoom app if you haven’t already installed it.
If you do not have access to a computer or a smart phone, dial (929) 205 6099 from a home or cell phone and enter the appropriate meeting ID when prompted. You do not need to enter a member ID, just stay on the line and you will be added to the meeting.
WCRC Board Meeting ID: 184 341 317
WCRC Construction Project Meeting ID: 879-2332-8754
You will enter into a virtual waiting room until the meeting host admits you in the meeting.
Members of the public who want to participate in the virtual meeting with the Washtenaw County Road Commission can do so by “raising their hand” once they have joined the Zoom meeting. You can “raise your hand” on either your computer/smart phone or touchtone phone.
1. If you are viewing the meeting on your computer/smart phone:
- If you would like to speak during public comment, click the Participants button on the bottom of the Zoom webinar controls at the bottom of your screen and then click Raise Hand.
- The meeting host will be notified that you’ve raised your hand. During the public comment portion of the agenda, the meeting host will unmute participants with raised hands one-at-a-time. Participants will be allowed 3 minutes to speak to the board. Once your time is up, the meeting host will mute your microphone.
- Click Lower Hand to lower it if needed.
2. If you are listening to the meeting on your touch-tone phone:
- Once you have joined the meeting, if you would like to speak during public comment, press *9 on your phone to raise your hand.
- The meeting host will be notified that you’ve raised your hand. During the public comment portion of the agenda, the meeting host will unmute participants with raised hands one-at-a-time. During virtual board meetings, participants will be allowed 3 minutes to speak to the board. Once your time is up, the meeting host will mute your microphone.
Zoom Meetings – FAQ
How do I join a Zoom meeting?
You can join a meeting by clicking the meeting link or going to join.zoom.us and entering in the meeting ID. Learn more about joining a meeting.
How do I join computer/device audio?
On most devices, you can join computer/device audio by clicking Join Audio, Join with Computer Audio, or Audio to access the audio settings. Learn more about connecting your audio.
Can I Use Bluetooth Headset?
Yes, as long as the Bluetooth device is compatible with the computer or mobile device that you are using.
Do I have to have a webcam to join on Zoom?
While you are not required to have a webcam to join a Zoom Meeting or Webinar, you will not be able to transmit video of yourself. You will continue to be able to listen and speak during the meeting and view the webcam video of other participants.
Zoom Meeting Controls
- Audio Settings: Change your audio settings. You can also click the upward arrow (^) next to change your speaker.
- Chat: Open in-meeting chat, allowing you to send chat messages to and send a message to the host if you are having technical trouble with audio or video. WCRC staff will try to help troubleshoot.
- Raise Hand: Raise your hand in the webinar to indicate that you would like to speak during the public comment period of the agenda. The meeting host will unmute you during this time to allow for up to 3 minutes of public comment.
- Leave meeting: Click Leave meeting to leave the webinar at any time. If you leave, you can rejoin if the webinar is still in progress, as long as the host has not locked the webinar.
Having trouble joining this meeting? Make sure you have good internet connect or mobile cell service and try again. Still having problems? Contact WCRC IT (734) 327-6680.