WHEN: Starting on Monday, May 17, 2021
WHERE: Various paved roads in York and Augusta Townships
WHY: Preventative maintenance – chip seal
BACKGROUND: Starting on Monday, May 17, 2021, the Washtenaw County Road Commission (WCRC) will begin preventative maintenance chip seal projects on the following roads in York and Augusta Townships:
- Willow Rd between Platt Rd and Rawsonville Rd
- Ridge Rd between Hack Rd and Mooreville Rd
- Dennison Rd between Hack Rd and the closed bridge
- Mooreville Rd between Ridge Rd and Stony Creek Rd
- Stony Creek Rd between Mooreville Rd and Saline-Milan Rd
This work is expected to take approximately four days. However, all dates are tentative and subject to change due to weather conditions. Once the work is completed, drivers are advised to lower their speeds to 35 mph while the stone settles. WCRC will return to this area in a few weeks to apply a fog seal on top of the chip seal and place permanent pavement markings.
CONTACT: If you have any questions concerning this work, please contact Ken Harris, superintendent of maintenance, (734) 327-6696 or via email at email@example.com.
ISSUE DATE: 05/17/21