The Washtenaw County Road Commission (WCRC) will be reconstructing Harris Road between Michigan Avenue (US-12) and Holmes Road.
You are invited to a construction information meeting on Wednesday, March 21 at 6:30 p.m. at the Ypsilanti Township Fire Department Main Station, 222 S. Ford Blvd, Ypsilanti, MI 48198. WCRC staff will be in attendance to share construction details.
The Harris Road improvements will include:
- The reconstruction of the two lane roadway between Michigan Avenue (US-12) and Holmes Road.
- Installation of “complete street” infrastructure including bike lanes, concrete curb, driveway approaches, sidewalk and street lights.
- New green infrastructure including rain gardens to help with drainage.
- New utility infrastructure including gas main, water main and storm sewer.
Preliminary work has already started, a contractor for DTE Gas is currently installing new gas main and tree removal will likely begin the week of March 19.
Road construction will begin at the end of March. At this time the road will be closed for the duration of the project. Our goal is to complete the project by the end of July, weather dependent.
Detours and Access:
- Harris Road from Michigan Avenue to Holmes Road will be closed to non-local traffic starting at the end of March through the completion of the project.
- During this time, only residents and property owners, who live within the project limits, will be permitted to enter the construction work zone.
- Non-residents will be required to follow posted detour routes while work is occurring.
- Harris Rd traffic use Burbank Ave to Cross St to Prospect Rd to Holmes Rd.
- WB Forest Rd traffic use NB Ford Blvd to WB Holmes Rd to SB Prospect Rd.
- EB Forest Rd traffic use NB Prospect to EB Holmes to SB Ford Blvd
- EB Cross St traffic use Burbank Rd to Michigan Ave.
- WCRC will coordinate mail delivery and garbage collection during the duration of the project.
For more information:
- Contact Matt MacDonell, Assistant Director of Engineering, 734-327-6688, email@example.com
- Follow @WashtenawRoads on Facebook and Twitter