WHEN: Starting on Monday, July 19, 2021
WHERE: The following roads in York and Augusta Townships:
- Milkey Rd between end of pavement and Saline-Milan Rd
- Moon Rd between Willis Rd and Bemis Rd
- Mooreville Rd between Ridge Rd and Dennison Rd
- Platt Rd between Willis Rd and Bemis Rd
- Saline-Milan Rd between Stony Creek Rd and City of Saline
- Willis Rd between US-23 and county line
WHY: Preventative maintenance – fog seal
BACKGROUND: The Washtenaw County Road Commission (WCRC) will continue preventative maintenance fog seal projects on roads in York and Augusta Townships. This includes sections of Milkey Rd, Moon Rd, Mooreville Rd, Platt Rd, Saline-Milan Rd and Willis Rd.
Fog seal is another thin layer of liquid asphalt placed on top of a recent chip seal that helps to seal in the chips and further protect the pavement.
The work on these roads is expected to be completed by the end of next week. However, all dates are tentative and subject to change due to weather conditions.
The work will be conducted under a combination of lane restrictions and daytime closures to allow the fog seal to cure. A contractor for WCRC will return to this area in a few weeks to place permanent pavement markings.
CONTACT: If you have any questions, please contact Ken Harris, superintendent of maintenance, (734) 327-6696 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ISSUE DATE: 07/15/21