WHEN: Starting on Wednesday, July 14, 2021
WHERE: The following roads in York Township:
- Dennison Rd between Hack Rd and Mooreville Rd
- Milkey Rd between end of pavement and Saline-Milan Rd
- Mooreville Rd between Ridge Rd and Dennison Rd
- Ridge Rd between county line and Mooreville Rd
- Saline-Milan Rd between Stony Creek Rd and City of Saline
- Stony Creek Rd between Mooreville Rd and Saline-Milan Rd
WHY: Preventative maintenance – fog seal
BACKGROUND: The Washtenaw County Road Commission (WCRC) will continue preventative maintenance fog seal projects on roads in York Township. This includes sections of Dennison Rd, Milkey Rd, Mooreville Rd, Ridge Rd, Saline-Milan Rd and Stony Creek Rd.
Fog seal is another thin layer of liquid asphalt placed on top of a recent chip seal that helps to seal in the chips and further protect the pavement.
The work on these roads is expected to be completed by early next week. However, all dates are tentative and subject to change due to weather conditions.
The work will be conducted under a combination of lane restrictions and daytime closures to allow the fog seal to cure. A contractor for WCRC will return to this area in a few weeks to place permanent pavement markings.
CONTACT: If you have any questions, please contact Ken Harris, superintendent of maintenance, (734) 327-6696 or via email at email@example.com.
ISSUE DATE: 07/13/21