No full time positions are available at this time.
We are looking for candidates who are available and flexible to work within our six Highway Maintenance district garages located throughout Washtenaw County, on a temporary, full time basis.
Duties will include:
- Ongoing road and highway maintenance including, but not limited to, manual labor, snow-storm road plowing/salting and related on-going highway maintenance functions.
Qualified Candidates must possess:
- A current & valid Michigan Commercial Driver’s License “A”
- Availability from December 1, 2013 to March 31, 2014
- Availability to work 40 hours a week, during normal operations
- Availability for 24 / 7 on call storm coverage, on as needed basis
- Pass a pre - employment driving skill assessment, as evaluated by WCRC
- Ability to be timely and punctual
- Ability to lift 100 pounds
- Competitive wage
- Paid training and introductory orientation
Selected candidates will be required to pass a post-offer DOT regulated physical examination including drug screening and medical DOT certification, as administered by WCRC medical provider. Driving histories, including Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Safety driving performance and State of Michigan, will be reviewed for safety standard compliance.
No student positions are available at this time.
For questions and/or other information on employment with the Washtenaw County Road Commission, contact the Human Resources Office at (734) 327-6641.
The Washtenaw County Road Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer