Location of roadwork:
Saline-Milan Road to Milan City Limits
When is the work being done:
Description of work:
Impact on Traffic:
Intermittent lane closures
Michigan Transportation Fund (MTF)
WHEN: Tuesday, August 4, 2020
WHERE: Various roads in York Township
WHY: Preventative maintenance – chip seal
BACKGROUND: On Tuesday, August 4, 2020, the Washtenaw County Road Commission (WCRC) will chip seal the following roads in York Township:
- Stony Creek Road between Saline-Milan Road and Platt Road
- Mooreville Road between Saline-Milan Road and Milan City Limits
- Saline-Milan Road between Stony Creek Road and Mooreville Road
- Judd Road, paved approaches to Platt Road
- Begole Road between the railroad crossing and Platt Road
The roads will not be closed to traffic, but delays are likely due to lane restrictions. WCRC encourages motorists, emergency services and others to use an alternate route.
The road improvements are expected to take one day. However, all dates are tentative and subject to change due to weather conditions. Once the roads are back open, drivers are advised to lower their speeds to 35 mph while the stone settles. WCRC will return to this area in a few weeks to apply a fog seal on top of the chip seal and place permanent pavement markings.
CONTACT: If you have any questions concerning this work, please contact Ken Harris, superintendent of maintenance, (734) 327-6696, email@example.com.