The Washtenaw County Road Commission (WCRC), in cooperation with the City of Dexter, will be reconstructing Baker Road from Shield Road to Dan Hoey Road this summer.
Join WCRC staff for a construction information meeting on Tuesday, May 22 at 6 p.m. at the Creekside Intermediate School Cafeteria at 2615 Baker Road, Dexter, MI 48130.
The Baker Road Intersections Project will include:
- The construction of single-lane roundabouts on Baker Road at the intersections of Shield Road and Dan Hoey Road.
- Installation of concrete curb, driveway approaches, sidewalk and street lights.
- New utility infrastructure including gas main, water main and storm water management system.
- Baker Road between Dan Hoey Road and Grand Street will also be milled and resurfaced by the City of Dexter.
Preliminary utility relocation work has already started, a contractor for DTE Gas is currently installing new gas mains. Further work will be performed to relocate DTE Electric, AT&T, Comcast, and other fiber optic/communication facilities in the coming days.
Road construction will begin on June 18, 2018. Baker Road and the intersection of Shield Road and Dan Hoey Road will be closed for the duration of the project. Our goal is to complete the project prior to the start of the Dexter Community Schools 2018/19 school year.
Detours and Access:
- Baker Road from Shield Road to Dan Hoey Road will be closed to non-local traffic starting June 18, 2018 through the completion of the project.
- During this time, only residents and property owners, who live within the project limits, will be permitted to enter the construction work zone.
- Non-residents will be required to follow posted detour route using Jackson Road, Parker Road, Dexter-Chelsea Road, and Main Street or seek an alternate route.
- WCRC will coordinate mail delivery and garbage collection for residents and property owners who live within the project limits during the duration of the project.
For more information: