Abandonment of Public Right-of-Way
The Washtenaw County Road Commission has authority, pursuant to MCL S224, MSA S9.118 to abandon all or part of a county road. Please refer to the following document for complete instructions:
How to Apply for an Abandonment Petition
For inquiries as to how to apply for an abandonment petition, or for inquiries as to whether a right-of-way has been abandoned, please contact:
Mark McCulloch, P.E., Senior Project Manager
Washtenaw County Road Commission
555 N. Zeeb Road
Ann Arbor, Michigan, 48103
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Please have the following information available:
- Name, telephone number, and e-mail address
- Township of subject right-of-way
- Section number of subject right-of-way
- Subdivision name and lot number
- Name of closest major road(s)
Note: Fees subject to change.