Abandonment of Public Right-of-Way

The Washtenaw County Road Commission has authority, pursuant to MCL S224, MSA S9.118 to abandon all or part of a county road. Please refer to the following document for complete instructions:

Procedures for Abandonment of Public Right of Way

How to Apply for an Abandonment Petition

For inquiries as to how to apply for an abandonment petition, or for inquiries as to whether a right-of-way has been abandoned, please contact:

Lori Beyer,

P.S., Senior Project Manager

Washtenaw County Road Commission
555 N. Zeeb Road

Ann Arbor,

(734) 327-6693

Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

Please have the following information available:

  • Name, telephone number, and e-mail address
  • Township of subject right-of-way
  • Section number of subject right-of-way
  • Subdivision name and lot number
  • Name of closest major road(s)

Note: Fees subject to change.