Permits Fee Schedule
The following Fees Schedule was approved by the County Board of Road Commissioners on May 19, 2009 (Resolution No RC09-171).
- Residential Driveway Approach, Urban (curbed) - $50.00
- Residential Driveway Approach, Rural (shoulder/ditch) - $100.00
- Upgrade Residential Driveway Approach - $40.00
- Shared Residential Driveway Approach - $100.00
- Commercial Driveway Approach - $200.00
- Private Road Approach - $200.00
- Public Road Approach - $200.00
- Farm Field Driveway Approach- $50.00
- Temporary Construction Driveway Approach - $150.00
- Overhead Utility Installation - $200.00
- Underground Utility Installation - $200.00
- Utility Service Connection - $125.00
- Sanitary, Water Main or Storm Connection - $200.00
- Open Cut Road Crossings - $250.00
- Bore Road Crossings - $150.00
- Grading/Drainage - $100.00
- Soil Borings - $75.00
- Landscaping - $50.00
- Vegetation Removal/Trimming (Trees, Stumps, Brush, Limbs) - $0.00
Plan Review and Field Inspection
- Commercial Driveway / Private Road Site Plan Review - $500.00
- Traffic Impact Study Review - Actual Costs
Regular Time - Regular work hours are 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday, except on holidays observed by the Road Commission. Costs will be billed at the current hourly rate for the employee and equipment involved, plus fringe benefits and overhead.
Overtime - Costs will be billed at 1-1/2 times the current hourly rate for the employee involved, plus the regular rate for the equipment involved, plus fringe benefits and overhead.
An Inspection Fee in the amount of 3% of the approved estimate of construction, $500.00 minimum, will be required prior to the issuance of construction permits, with the exception of residential and farm field driveways.
The applicant will be liable for any and all inspection fees, unless otherwise noted on the permit application. An invoice with an itemized statement will be generated for deficient accounts on a monthly basis. Any unexpended fund balance will be refunded following the completion of work. Non-payment of an invoice will result in suspension of the review process or a Stop Work Order during construction.
- Winter Maintenance (Security Deposit) - $500.00 per Sub / Corp Park + $100.00/mile
- Private Road Sign Package (Stop & Road Name Sign) - $310.00
- Truck Operator's Map - First Map Free / Additional $2.00/each
- "Procedures & Regulations for Permit Activities" - $15.00
- "Procedures & Regulations For Designated Haul Routes" (1998) - $5.00
- Non-Compliance Fee - Treble Damages
- Appeal Fee - $40.00
- Traffic Control Signs - Varies
Notes and Payment
- Permit fees are to be paid when the original application for the permit is filed.
- Cash advances, as determined by the Road Commission, will be paid by the applicant prior to permit issuance.
- Charge fees with a credit card (MasterCard / Visa / Discover).
Credit Card Authorization Form
Security will be provided by the applicant, as determined by the Road Commission, to ensure proper construction and restoration in the right-of-way. Security for Right-of-Way restoration will be provided in the form of an irrevocable bank letter of credit, cash or cashier’s check. Surety bonds, on forms provided by the Road Commission, are acceptable alternatives for utility permits only.